Don Airey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don Airey

Welcome to Don Airey's forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A light in the sky

Go down 
+2
hammond b3
rudy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rudy

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 am

I was so lucky to receive the new album today. Probably the mail system was faster than expected to keep the date which was announced. Smile Wow, an overwhelming album which is probably my best investment in the past few years.
I hope that we will be able to get those songs also in a live version. Don has created a wonderful album. This shall not reduce the work of the other musiscians who had there part's in it.
Don, thank you for this album.

Cheers
Rudy
Back to top Go down
hammond b3

hammond b3

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Smile
lucky you are !!!
Wink
Back to top Go down
Fender.owl

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:18 pm

waaaaah I want it too Very Happy I'm looooooooooooooooooooooking forward and listen "Shooting star" round and round and round..... afro
Back to top Go down
thomaspetter

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:38 am

What a thrill. The new album is outstanding. The best keyboard album in years.
I got my copy today and has already listen to it four times.
Back to top Go down
Julia

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:18 am

Wow, lucky you are! After your posts I want to listen to it even more! Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Fender.owl

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm

finally, I have my own copy of this album.
what can I say?? WELL DONE, DON!! great album
Back to top Go down
rudy

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am

So, what are your most preferred tracks on the album? Would be interesting. I have more than one. Shooting star, Love you too much, A light in the sky and Lost in the end of time.
Back to top Go down
Fender.owl

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:24 am

hmm.... hard to answer. I like all songs, all songs are great but I think my most favourite are Shooting star, Space troll patrol, Sombrero, A light in the sky, Lost in the end fo time
Back to top Go down
hardrockpete

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Many of the tracks sound like different bands that Don was in. Bit like tracks on Steve's "major impacts" albums sound like bands that Steve wasn't in! Love the hammond sound generally and particularly the vocal track with the lead singer from Thunder. My 3 year old grand-daughter likes bouncing round to the cool standard "Rocket to the Moon" followed by "lift-off". (When she's in the car I have to keep putting those two tracks on again and again!) Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Keith Emmerson's stuff, but Sombrero even "out-Emersons Emerson" if that makes sense. Fantastic album. affraid What happened to part 1 of LITS by the way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A light in the sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A light in the sky   A light in the sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A light in the sky
Page 1 of 1