Don Airey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don Airey

Welcome to Don Airey's forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Podcast News from Don

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

New Podcast News from Don Empty
PostSubject: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:13 am

Hi Everyone,

The Don Airey Team would like to start a FREE monthly podcast containing everything from tour footage, demonstrations, interviews, behind the scenes footage from don’s latest work and much more.

Would this be something you would be interested in?

What sorts of things would you like to see in Don’s podcast?

Are there any demonstrations you would love to see?

Please comment

Happy New Year from the Don Airey Team!!
Back to top Go down
https://donairey.forumotion.com
tamadam2

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 am

Hi, this sounds like a great idea, and the chance to suggest things as well.
Now i am sure there are people here who will know technical things, i don't
so i will try to ask about something that has always interested me.
I have had the pleasure of seeing Don over far too many years to recall
(first with Rainbow, sometimes age is a benifit), and given that that has allowed
me to observe him from quite a lot of angles and distances, and also quite close up
on the DVD and Video releases, it always fascinates me just what contribution the
left hand makes to the sound.
By that i mean, if you stand directly in front of Don when he is on stage playing
the Hammond, at a height where you can see just from the top of the keyboard,
the right hand stays hidden, you can then picture the fingers moving in line with the
sound that is being made, but at the same time the left arm is raisng and lowering
in an upward/downward motion, just how much of a contribution is that left arm
making to the sound/tune.

Is it more of a *Purple* thing, necessary because of the way the songs have
been written/constructed.

I will have to observe closely in London on Wednesday and see if the other songs
(other than Purple songs i mean ), also are played in this style, i seem to think that
they aren't, perhaps it's maybe a *Hammond* thing.

I hope that comes across as a genuine question, it has always fascinated my mind,
maybe not even answerable, and probably not explainable, especially as it may just be
Dons playing style, but i think Jon did something similar.......so it may be very necessary
to the * Purple sound* and songs.

Just what contribution does that left arm make to the overall sound

I have just added another thought whilst writing this, is it more prevelant on the
older songs, rather than the newer one's, i will go and ponder on that one now.
Back to top Go down
Fender.owl

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:44 pm

1. it's great idea! it dosen't matter what you will put there. I'd like see everything.....interviews, behind the scenes footage,demonstrations....

2. Tamadam, I think it Don's hammond style. You can see/hear that in many songs where Don plays hammond (for example Rocket To The Moon from new album). I gues he makes a rhythm.
Back to top Go down
tamadam2

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:02 am

Cheers Fender.owl
That was my thinking too, except last night in London it was not happening to the same degree,
i was watching very closely, still playing with the left hand sure, but the rise of the arm was not
so high. He did only play one Purple song though ( Black Night ).

This is leading me to ask more questions in my head now
Is it a purple thing

Is it a timing issue perhaps

am i imagining a difference, and it is just Dons style ?

Great show last night by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jon Airey

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Any developments here?

pig
Back to top Go down
Julia

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 am

The idea of posting podcasts is great! Everything what you wrote about I will be happy to see and there is nothing to add I think. Is there anything we can see already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast News from Don   New Podcast News from Don Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Podcast News from Don
Page 1 of 1